Ternopil State Medical University

Reach us

Reach us

Ternopil State Medical University

Ternopil State Medical University

Training at Ternopil State medical Institute was inaugurated on September 1, 1957, by the resolution of the Ukrainian government of April 12, 1957. In the city that had been almost destroyed during World War II and just began raising from the ruins, it was the first higher educational establishment. Three days after the government resolution, the appointed Director (Rector) of the Medical Institute, Candidate of Medical Sciences, surgeon P.O. Ogiy (later on M.D., Professor) and prof. Martynyuk A.H., the vice-rector, arrived in Ternopil. By the decision of the Regional Council, two educational buildings and two hostels were allotted to the Institute.

The clinical base was provided by the City Hospital that had been functioning then as the Regional Hospital. The morphological building, Regional Hospital, and a new hostel were under construction. 19 departments began functioning at the Institute, 66 teachers were working there (including 1 M.D., and 17 Candidates of Med. Sc.).

Our Mission

To train the next generation of highly-skilled professionals for the public health system of Ukraine and other countries by providing quality academic services and adherence to high standards in education, research, and training.

  • Master of Pharmacy – 5 years
  • Master of Medicine – 6 years
  • Master of Dentistry – 5 years
  • Bachelor of Nursing – 1 year
Scroll to Top